This site provides the physician salary and career information. You can find the following information on this site:
- Physician Salary Tool—research your local physician salary information.
- Physician Salary Data—nation-wide physician salary data
- Physician Job Outlook
- Physician Employment—physician employment conditions
- Training and Qualifications—how to become a physician
For further physician salary research, we recommend www.jobs-salary.com. This site serves real salary data.
If you are looking for physician jobs or are recruiting physicians, we recommend www.medhunting.com.
A Few Highlight
- Many physicians and surgeons work long, irregular hours; over one-third of full-time physicians worked 60 or more hours a week in 2004.
- Formal education and training requirements are among the most demanding of any occupation, but earnings are among the highest.
- Job opportunities should be very good, particularly in rural and low-income areas.
- New physicians are much less likely to enter solo practice and more likely to work as salaried employees of group medical practices, clinics, hospitals, or health networks.